View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Yeah, same here. So, it puzzles me too. (maybe it didn't have SP2?)

Don't ask *ME*!?! I'm just telling you what the HP tech support team told me. I've got an HP Pentium D Media Center with WinXPHome and I've *been* running IE7 for more than a year! And letting Microsoft do it's updates for IE and WinXP. But after this last set of updates that hit my machine this last week, my system has become quite flakey. For example, on Monday, my Windows Search function went kerplop-kerblooey. That same day, my Adobe Flash drivers went belly up. As did my Google Toolbar. All of this happened immediately after I let the latest Microsoft updates occur upon shutdown Sunday night. And did I mention the same updates ate my Sygate Personal Firewall? Given that the ONLY thing that was different between Sunday and Monday was the install of Microsoft's 'belove' automatic updates, I'm betting on that. Wasn't running any bootleg software, wasn't trying to hack the Internet, etc. (I'm too old and too far behind the curve to bother any more.) Nope, spent the entire day Sunday just playing around with Photoshop and images from my dSLR.

But, yes, tech support *SWEARS* I should only be running IE6, not 7.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote