View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #25
stive
stive began at the beginning.

Device: Leading candidate is Astak EZ Reader, but price sensitive
Jenifer, I wish you good luck but I'm hoping you make a comeback after a very slow start with me today. Repeatedly speaking ill of the absent Robert with snide insults is most unattractive, and I get the sense it may be less attributable to unfortunate diction and more to revelation of character. The thinly veiled derision and banked hostility in the choice of words like "windy" and "abuser of exclamation marks" is uncalled for and by juxtaposition seems to make Astak's and well-wishing announcement look like insincere corporate cant. Robert may not have done the job as the Astak brass or its factory overlords in China (yes I'm in high dudgeon) demanded of him, but more importantly, I believe he was a sincere, trustworthy, and nice person. I cannot say that about you or Astak's corporate values right now. Sorry we have gotten off on the wrong foot,

As for my bona fides, I don't login or comment much, but since 2008 have checked in the Astak forum on an almost daily basis, and early on I bought a first gen 6" EZ Reader on the strength of a) my trust of Robert, and b) the non-proprietary, non-point-of-sale virtues of the device.

Now to onto business. Is Astak still evaluating whether it will come out with a large-screen e-reader, or has the decision been made to do so, and it is a matter of waiting on the factory? All I'm waiting for is a large-screen e-reader with e-ink or equivalent screen that isn't a proprietary POS devics to its maker. I don't want to get a tablet with LED and other wireless battery-drainage and radiation assaults on my body (though by all means feel free to add the features to an e-inkish device as long as I can turn them off). But it looks like e-reader makers are going to force me to.

From an industry perspective, why is there no decent, reasonably-priced linux or android or other such large screen ereader available in the USA? $800+ devices like the large Iliad or proposed PlasticLogic devices is insane, and I'm one of the large numbers of people who refuse to indenture my soul to the Amazons/B&Ns,/Apples of the world. Make a non-buggy, decent feature-set one for around $400 and I'll probably snap up 3 or 4 for me and a couple of loved ones. Can you provide some insight into my questions?

Thanks, and look forward to the evolution of a mutually rewarding relationship between the forum and you.

Stive "PGNYANSIE" (Please God Not Yet Another New Six Inch Ereader)
stive is offline   Reply With Quote