View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #42
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
There's been a very quiet mention of the Bolo stories - let me mention them explicitly.

Originally by Keith Laumer, there are Bolo stories by many authors. Bolos are large 'tanks' with AI controllers partnered with a human commander.

Keith Laumer's original Bolo stories are just about to come out in the November 2009 webcription as The Compleat Bolo - three quarters of the book is currently available in draft form, the full book sometime in the next couple of weeks.

The set of six volumes by various authors, Bolos I through Bolos VI are available, as are the novels by David Weber, Bolo!, and Old Soldiers , three other novels by William H. Keith, Jr.: Bolo Brigade, Bolo Strike and Bolo Rising (this last one due in the December websciption), and even one by John Ringo and Linda Evans, The Road to Damascus which is available in the free library.

http://www.webscription.net/c-32-bol...th-laumer.aspx

All good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
Im loving Scalzi, Haldeman currently and looking for more scifi 'wars' in the style of old mans war, or forever war.

few others i have liked are starship troopers, War of the Damned, Aliens(novelisation by Alan dean foster)

Basically I want soldiers story during large scale war type stuff but with clear scifi leanings.

Anyone got any favourites?

Thanks
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote