View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 02:18 AM   #7
Erhenius
Erhenius began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7
Quote:
Originally Posted by heron61 View Post
Does ePDF work with large files? How long does it take to turn a page on a 20+ MB graphic heavy PDF?
It's doing quite well with my math book of 25+mb with 1200+ pages.

Epdf just renders 1 page, i think that is what makes it not crash.
Each page takes about 3-7 seconds to load depending on the size of each individual page.

edit: if you want extra screen real estate you can remove the status- and toolbar, after adjusting the zoom and jump to selected page. or "click-drag" out of view
you can adjust zoom with 0,1 % increments, you need to widen the epdf window to make it appear in the tool bar

edit2: ok I have tested it for a while now and it seems to work perfectly so far on 30+ mb files. Also I don't see any difference in load time in different sizes of documents, the load time is rather determined by the page characteristics (if it is a scan, page dimensions etc..).
I strongly recommend to use the screen rotation script (http://www.jiongtang.com/blog/html/tag/smartq-mid) It is meant for the Q5 but works on the Q7. This will give you some extra width when holding it like a slate.

so what I do is:
1 open the .pdf
2 judge if it is better to read in landscape or slate and rotate screen accordingly (most of the time this will crash epdf viewer, just open it again)
3 jump to the page i want
4 adjust zoom
5 align the window
5 ???
6 Profit !

result:

Last edited by Erhenius; 08-11-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Erhenius is offline   Reply With Quote