View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 03:38 AM   #76
sobukus
sobukus began at the beginning.

Device: 2 lBook v3 (dead), DR 1000, PB 360 (dead), Bebook mini, Onyx M92 (...)
Finally I tested the feature on my fresh M92 (which I ordered from Booxtor at around 1546 hours, was on its way on 1618 and arrived the next day around noon --- too bad that I wasn't at home that time, but really ... freakishly quick response to an order!).

Now, I see two issues with the device, one most probably with the experimental multitasking (I did the update ASAP), the other one perhaps, as it surfaced in this thread already.

1. After opening the music player and switching to another task, I cannot switch back to the music player. The task manager claims the player is selected, but it is not really shown. The music plays along and I cannot stop it as the player repeats the single track I had there for testing. I had to reboot to get rid of it. Now I imagine the music player was already designed as background task and conflicts with the new approach.

2. More seriously, I cannot figure out how to get the keyboard appear in a search field for an offline HTML book (math reference). It has some Javascript-powered search form which does appear, but does not trigger the keyboard. Is this related to the non-working Google search? Is see that the HTML form in my case is indeed written by Javascript, could that be a cause?

PS: The M92 really finally gets it right to enable drawing with a stylus! It's as accurate as I wished all the time from the iRex DR1000 (which is utter _crap_ in anything that's not the still unmatched big screen). This is the first eReader that might really help me getting work done, multitasking being a must, export of scribbles on PDF to new pdf just the way it should be. I just wonder about the wasted design with sleek tapering to the edges when it'll stay in the cover at all times, where there is a place for the pen, too (and where the screen won't break too easily). Oh, perhaps a nitpick about that cover: It heavily applies pressure on the joystick as highest protuding point (even the cover lid is thicker there) ... it should have a small cutout (still covered with the upper layer) to accomodate the joystick and to distribute pressure more evenly over the device.
sobukus is offline   Reply With Quote