View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #1146
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by pata View Post
...I don't understand ... when you just spent a whole paragraph explaining why you find DRM is so annoying.
I find the ADE DRM that annoying, because I often can't activate my new gadgets (exceeding activations all the time). If I'd side load DRM-free ePUBs, I wouldn't have to activate, that's right. But I wouldn't be able to buy content directly on that gadget. And this I hate.
For Kindle, I buy books on iPad, MacBook Air, Samsung Galaxy Note, Sony Tablet P, ...
For some books I have to stick to 4 activations at a time with Amazon, but I can manage those activations myself (kill an old one, add the newest one) on the Amazon website.
With ADE DRM, I have to request another activation from Adobe. So far, I've always got them. But it takes a week or so.
I can "kill" activations, but this doesn't free one up for another gadget.
For some time, I've proactively requested another activation, very well knowing I'll buy another gadget in a few weeks. But it's still very annoying...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote