View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #1144
pata
Zealot
pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Hi, just popped in to ask if you ever tried the Kyobo eReader (or any of those branded mirasol eReaders)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post

BTW: I absolutely HATE ePUB.
Yes, it still may be the widest spread format.
Yes, it basically is the only format you can use on numerous readers/manufacturers.
But still: I have so many activations that I permanently run out of them. Whenever I buy a new gadget, I can't read my ePUBs because I have to request another activation from ADOBE.
Why is their DRM scheme that annoying? Why do I need 3 activations for example, when using 3 ADE DRM-apps (txtr, Bluefire, ...) on iPad or another tablet? Why can't the activation be bound to the MAC address for example? Meaning: 3 apps, but on the very same tablet = only a single activation.
Hating ePUB that immensely, I'm attracted even more to Kindle.
Yes, I know, nook and Kobo are using ePUBS as well. But I don't need my ADE account for them.
Yes, I could strip the ePUBS from DRM (I do so for archiving, but I'm rarely "working" with the DRM-free ones) and convert them. But why bother if there's no real advantage?
You hate... Adobe DRM? I can't understand why you'd blame that on ePub. I don't understand why you'd say there is no real advantage to stripping ePubs of DRM when you just spent a whole paragraph explaining why you find DRM is so annoying.
pata is offline   Reply With Quote