View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 12:57 AM   #31346
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Win10 is annoying about that. It has a bad habit of trying to impose its defaults. I've had to tell it several times, for instance, that I want to use the Irfanview graphics viewer for all graphic file types it supports

Tell Firefox to assert itself as default browser.

Click the icon with three horizontal bars at the top right. Select Options from the drop-down menu. Select General in options. The first entry should have a line to the effect that Firefox is not your default browser, and an option to tell it to set itself as default.

Do that, and see if it fixes your problem.
______
Dennis
That just got me to Windows' "Settings" page, but I cursored all the way down to "choose default apps by file type" and was able to change each appropriate file type to Firefox -- so, all good now. (Just a minor pain in the butt.)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote