View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 06:16 PM   #71
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlerX View Post
The plugin was recently updated to replace   or just regular space within table data cells with a some text. I've found that you can replace those spaces with a zero-width non-joiner breaking space "‌" without altering the look of a simple html table.
Thanks for the tip! Without some content in each table cell the Previewer fails to convert books. I tried a number of invisible characters and none of them worked so I had settled on using a small visible character. This will be changed to ZWNJ in the next plugin release.

Quote:
Also bolded or italicized text of any kind within table data cells will break enhanced typesetting. To create pseudo-bolded text you can create a css style and use the "-webkit-text-stroke: 0.8px;" to make text look bolded. It's a workaroud and seems to work for Kindle PW2 and Voyage. That will allow "enhanced typesetting" to work. Still haven't figured out a workaround for italicized text, sorry.
And another good tip. You have obviously spent some time on this.

Quote:
I was wondering if there's a way we can manually upload a cover for books not available on Amazon. Perhaps in the *.sdr folder somewhere?
The ExtractCoverThumbs program can examine the books on your kindle and generate any missing cover thumbnails, but it doesn't support KFX. Perhaps the developer would be interested in adding this.

Last edited by jhowell; 08-31-2016 at 08:53 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote