View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Are the nook sales people so dense?

I was in a B&N last night and looked at the Nook and was immediately bombarded by the sales guy.

I stated that I was getting a Kindle 3, and he proceeded to tell me about the 1,000,000 books compared to 600,000 books, and using libraries and lending and the color screen.

When I pointed out to him that I will never read 1,000,000 book and all new releases will have Kindle versions he started to get flustered. I then stated that the touchscreen was too sluggish (I then showed that fact on his own unit), and that the new Kindle will have the Pearl E-Ink, so why would I pay more for a unit that is outdated?

The lending feature he was big on, but when I said you can only lend it to one person, one time, that makes it kind of useless.

I then brought up the speed, it was too slow, and he couldn't understand why that was a problem, so immediately went on to say, "Well you are in a Barnes and Noble, so you obviously like what we have to offer." WHAT?? I responded, "No, I just like books, and if Borders was across the street I would be there because I don't have to pay for a discount, nor would I pay Barnes and Noble .50 less for an ebook when I could own the book."

He then just shook his head and walked away muttering something about not knowing anything about e-readers.

Just thought it was a funny encounter, because he got so defensive when I stated I had a Kindle 3 on order.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are some good features of the Nook, I'm not bashing it or the users.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote