View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 10:01 AM   #23
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
So, mine came just today! I'm an Android rookie, so expect some silly questions from me once in a while...

First impression, it feels like a nice phone (not that I'll be using it as a phone ) Just entered my google account so it' trying to start the store...

First questions: can you change those 4 icons on the back (it now has a phone, I presume a chat, mail and alarm?)
Second question: where can you change the weather setting? It now says I'm in Moscow...
after you will do the registration things will go easy, and the location will be changed. I would recommend you to focus on the ereader if you are an android newbe, make at least functional the ereader, because learning Android has small but present learning curve as everything can be personalized. The good news is that if you find in Internet you find everything, and this is a great pro. Install the reader that you like more and that's it, then you learn knowledge of what else you want to do( is like an iphone for 80 per cent of not super users, the app work similar FB, whatsapp, gmail, maps, etc just use google play that is like the apple store), and yes of course you can change everything, i recommend you to use the mirror.

What you will love is that you can add music and files just connecting to the pc without any itune, and there are thousands of themes to personalize Android, and even more considering you can put pics on the back of yp2

The second thing study the yotaphone main apps, are 2 or 3 and really simple, so that you learn how to communicate between the two.
Consider that .. if you use the epub ereader on the back, the one inbuilt on the phone, you are going to consume almost nothing, and the same is for the always on notifications. In other words there is a huge battery difference between using the apps in mirror mode( on the eink) and the dedicated yp platform.

Last thing as you are newbe, consider to look in internet optimizing android, battery life etc. a lot of apps are aggressively taking control of your system making kind of "internet calls" continuously, so less you install and better is, a really easy life saver is to switch the phone to airplane mode( you stop the continous network calls mentioned) or better, deactivate internet remaining 2G so that you can receive calls and sms in real time. Enjoy
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote