View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 11:59 AM   #10
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I'm a bit over 2/3rds of the way throuigh, and I am finally starting to enjoy it. I made the mistake of starting with the audio book, but because it's based on a very old (Victorian) translation, it is stilted and very difficult to get into. This isn't helped by the nature of the writing which is seriously hampered by the need to provide cliff-hangers at every opportunity to encourage readers to buy the next episode in the serial.

Once I switched to reading the ebook of the Hobson translation, my ability to get caught up in the story improved immensely.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote