View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 05:34 PM   #38
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Are the oren64 patches cut and pasted to the other patches, or are they just copied into the /source directory "as are" – as their own thing?
You paste them into the end of the relevant file.

Quote:
Also, out of curiosity, on the firmware download page there's a tab for "affiliates" which show different versions of the firmware. Are these the current lowest versions that will trigger an over the air update? For example, my Kobo Touch A/B shows "Kobo" as my affiliate (upper case "K") does that mean that, if I'm using version 4.5.9587 of the firmware (which I am), that it won't automatically trigger an OTA update at this time? And, since "beta" and "bestbuyca" both show the newest firmware, would changing my affiliate to one of these trigger the update with a sync (I assume uppercase/lowercase means nothing here)?
Yes, you are correct. Kobo does do staged rollouts though, so the others will most likely get the update sooner or later.

Quote:
And one last question ... if I inserted a non-existent affiliate name, like "rcentrosNOupdate," would that keep my Kobo from ever doing an OTA update?
Yes, but you won't be able to sync either and will get an error every time.

Quote:
Sorry for so many questions. Some of these patches look well worth the effort, however. BTW, thanks to those keep these updated. This looks like an incredible amount of work.
No problem! Everyone has to start somewhere. As for the patches, it's not that much work once you find them to begin with. The large patches oren64 has are actually generated, as they modify the CSS (which is compressed).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote