View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbwl View Post
I have downloaded Covers using Calibre for various unprotected PDF and Epub files, they appear well in my Calibre set-up, but never seem to get transferred to the Sony prs300. I have emptied the Sony and resent the docs to refresh them but the jpgs do not seem to get embded in the files and sent or sent separately.
If an epub has a properly set cover image in the file then using the send to device feature would update the cover with any new one you specified. If the epub does not have a properly set cover in it the easiest way to embed your cover of choice is by converting the file. Epub to Epub conversion could be used to properly place a cover in your book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbwl View Post
One other thing I would dearly like to see is that, if I make a change to a file which is marked as already on the reader and the reader is attached, then I would love the changed to be auto sync'd. If that is already possible in Calibre, how is it achieved.
What do you mean by make a change to a file?

If you are referring to metadata changes such as Title, author etc.. then that can happen now by having calibre set to Automatic Management under Preferences - Add/save - Send to Device.

If you are referring to changes to the content of the book itself then I think a manual resend is still required.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote