View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 05:24 AM   #21679
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I haven't smoked since my mid-twenties, but I somehow missed them queuing up once I'd stopped...
When we told you to stuff a rolled up pair of socks into your underwear, we meant the front of your underwear...

Quote:
In the end it just took willpower (and a heart attack...) before he could give up.
Unfortunately, that's the truth. It takes willpower. For some, it's not difficult. For others, damn near impossible. But it IS do-able. For some. tapering down with NRT helps, but the nicotine isn't the hard part. That's over and done with in two weeks. It's the 'habit' that makes stopping so hard. Years and years of unconsciously reaching into your pocket for a cigarette, taking out your favorite lighter, and taking that first deep drag, holding it just an extra second, then slowly letting it out... The psych guys call that the 'sighing breath response.' Try it without the cigarette. It still works just as well, and is a wonderful tool to use during your first couple of weeks. And remember, someone is always HERE if you need to scream... We'll listen. We've been there and done the screaming ourselves.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote