View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 07:20 PM   #39
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Why wouldn't they have "special coding" to handle this? It would be extremely simple to code for that specific scenario - accessing of existing content allowed, but purchasing new content not allowed.

Shari

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
@Purple Lady,

Amazon might code them differently.
They might not.

We don't know.

Therefore, that link is speculation.
It's only fairly recent that they supposedly changed their policy to allow you access to your digital content and if it's like any other systems that I've worked on it's not extremely simple. There will be a number of areas that need code changes and not all will have been corrected. There are movies, music, ebooks, audio books, and probably others I haven't thought of. If Amazon closed your account, they don't care about you so won't work as hard to be sure you can have all your content.

There's also the Amazon app store. How can I use my paid for apps on a new device without signing in? Or on my existing device that had to be factory reset?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote