View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #84
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rita book View Post
I have a continuing problem with Calibre and my Mac, when I go to connect/share, wireless device connection, I obtain a IP address that is not on my network, I enter that address in my Nexus7 and try to connect, It has never worked, Prior to this I was able to get a IP address on my network and had immediate connection. Is there a way to control the IP connection in Calibre?
I am using version 8.66.
You probably have network "adapters" that are not attached to the network your device is using. This can happen if you have virtual adapters (e.g., you installed a virtual machine), both wireless and cabled connections, or are actually connected to two different networks (your machine is acting as a router). Calibre shows one of them, the one that it thinks is the most probable. When there are multiple active network adapters there is no way for calibre to know which one the device will actually use. It is possible that the address it shows is not the network your device will connect over.

On the other hand, calibre actually listens on *all* the network adapters. If you know the IP address of the computer on the network your device is on (probably a cable or a wireless connection), enter that. If you do not know that IP address and if you have no way to find it, then I am not sure what to do.

The next release of calibre will have the option of specifying which IP address that the wireless device is to listen upon. That will stop it from listening on the other network devices. However, to use this you will need to know which of the several IP addresses your computer is using is the correct one.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote