View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 08:19 AM   #13
govindap
govindap began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite Gen8
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Look at the attachment you made to post #7 above.
Doesn't it say: USB ID: 1949 DEAD

This version has been mentioned as containing the corrected USB networking driver:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...0-version-1709
When the Kindle is working properly, you don't have to diddle drivers in Windows.

But I do not know of a Windows version that handles vendor:device == 1949EAD (which is a hexadecimal number).

There are a number of places you can look that information up, such as:
http://www.the-sz.com/products/usbid...1949&p=DEAD&n=
Where you can see what device that device code refers to.
I'm sorry I didn't realize that it was a rhetorical question. I thought you wanted to know what the device ID was before it all went south. 😅
The DEAD code doesn't belong to anything, as expected. However, the ID 0004 belongs to "Amazon Kindle 3/4/Paperwhite".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02xda2 View Post
There was 'Millennium Edition' earlier, after Windows 2000 and before Windows XP. Anyway the one what you have will do fine.
Thank you for your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
1709 was the first version with corrected drivers.
See post above yours and the post above that, where the O.P. identifies which version s/he is making driver changes in.

Translation:
With unexpected response by v-1709 to a Kindle does not indicate a Win10 driver problem, it indicates a Kindle problem.
Screwing with the drivers probably only complicated the matter.
I realize, in hindsight, that it was irresponsible of me to diddle the drivers without taking a backup of it first.
Actually, I was following this post, hoping to get fastboot running so that I can try factory resetting my device.

Any tips as to what I should do now?
govindap is offline   Reply With Quote