Thread: Cybook replaced
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #9
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDecraene View Post
Funny thing though: as far as I could tell only the screen was broken (so shouldn't be covered under the warranty) but they sent a completely new cybook (still have to check firmware version etc. ...) without a word of explanation of why I got a completely new one. The way it's supposed to work, they first ask you for an approval before they start reparing - they didn't do that in this case. Anyone else with that experience ?
That seems to be the standard procedure for a broken screen controller. I got a new Cybook with returning post when my controller broke. It would have been nice to get and email that they had sent a replacement so I could have been prepared to receive a package early in the morning.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote