View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Where did you get "your" Paperwhite from? I'd say you should contact Amazon support.

"Demo mode" is not a problem, so not something to "solve". It is an intended mode of operation. That said, yes, you can flash "normal"/"customer" firmware for K3/K4/K5. But there is no way to put a KPW into USB downloader mode, so this wouldn't work for the KPW. Only option might be serial connection, but I'm not aware of a how-to description.
I completely agree with hawhill. A *DEMO* device is a device which Amazon made available for demonstration purposes, not for ordinary use.

If you want to flash one of these devices with the regular firmware: get your hands dirty and put together the clues available in this forum, but don't expect any further support. We're not gonna do it for you.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote