View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 02:36 PM   #18
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Create Your Own Whispersync Deal. Well, Kinda.

One of the audiobooks on sale in Audible's current audiobook sale is Martin Luther: A Life Inspired. It is $6.08 (yes, some of the audiobooks in the sale are less than $6.95. I'm not complaining, mind you. ).

The corresponding ebook, Martin Luther: A Life Inspired, happens to be free right now.

Put the two together and you almost have a Whispersync deal. You only lack, possibly, the syncing benefit of a true WS deal (and there's something in the back of my head that makes me think that if you buy an ebook from Amazon, and the corresponding audiobook from Audible later, or vice versa, they'll automaticaly sync anyway. I'll be checking into this to make sure).

Total: only $6.08.

The link for the free ebook.
The link for the $6.08 audiobook.

A couple of, maybe three, caveats:
1. The ebook is only 118 pages long. That translates into only 1 hour, 22 seconds of listening time.
2. My impression of the author, Wyatt North, and the publisher, Wyatt North, LLC, is that they are staunchly Roman Catholic. Yet, the description for the ebook, located here, speaks of Luther in glowing terms. But the publisher also publishes a book on C.S. Lewis, who was an Anglican if memory serves me correctly, and it apparently speaks well of him.
3. There are apparently no ratings yet for the ebook at Amazon or the audiobook at Audible. The only rating that I could find was a 5.00 at GoodReads, and it is based on only one rating.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-14-2018 at 04:08 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote