View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 10:32 AM   #1
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Initial Decision

I'm curious. Some people here have Kindles and Kobos and others I've never heard of. They want to jailbreak their devices and play with the gizmos. The ereaders as devices seem to fascinate them.

When I was first stepping into the world of ereaders I wasn't particularly interested in the specific device. I had waited for a common format and decided it wasn't coming so I was looking for a "system" that would give me the most books I wanted to read economically.

I didn't understand about the archaic and customer unfriendly laws at the time and live in one country and want to buy books in another. I selected the Kindle system as giving me the most of what I wanted. I bought my first Kindle without ever having seen a Kindle device. I've been happy with my choice for seven years.

When I first looked at ereaders, in 2009, the basic devices were very similar.

So, I'm curious. Was your choice driven by the device or by the availability of books you wanted to read?

Last edited by patrickt; 11-11-2017 at 10:34 AM.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote