Thread: Multiple series
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBN View Post
Would this allow for proper sorting within series? Let me mention another type of series I track. Harlequin/Silhouette publishes numerous category romances every month, almost all of which are numbered books. Many of these, however, are part of ongoing author or multi-author series. The data field you have in calibre is meant to track the author/multi-author series. But say I wanted to track the category romances, so I could see how many of those I have and see them in their proper numerical order? Would adding it in comments or tagging it allow for that, or do I need to add the book # in the line with the book's title?

My thanks to all those who have taken the time to read and reply.
Series index supports fractional numbers.
You can have:
My_series 1.0
My_series 1.14

I guess use a Tag for the overall
and series and index for the books

Then you can Filter by Tag and sort the view by series.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote