View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #387
Stino
Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
If file /mnt/us/USE_ALT_FONTS exists, KT uses fonts with families/typefaces:
  • alternate1, alternate2, alternate3 (for firmwares up to 5.1.0)
  • all found (except some stock) (for 5.1.0)
I don't know whether restart of whole framework is needed to handle this file (or it's abscence) or just restart of reader booklet is sufficient, but believe former is true.
Wow! This font hack even works on the new Kindle Paperwhite with firmware 5.3.0.
1.) just plug in the Kindle to your OS
2.) copy an empty file with name USE_ALT_FONTS to root directory of kindle (internally the root device is /mnt/us/)
3.) create an folder "fonts" (/mnt/us/fonts)
4.) copy your fonts to this folder (4 files for each font: Fontname-Regular.ttf, Fontname-Italic.ttf, Fontname-Bold.ttf and Fontname-BoldItalic.ttf)
5.) restart your Kindle and from now on you will see in the "Aa" menu of the standard reader app your own fonts as well

P.S. My Paperwhite is already jailbroken and so I don't know if the jailbreak is necessary for the font hack or not.
Stino is offline   Reply With Quote