View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #12
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I'm not arguing with you about the fact they should have a TOC, just stating that that seems to be something common in volunteer conversions of books, many (if not all of which are PD books). A lot of them still seem to have the extra added text that PG adds to its files as well which as I said leads me to think some of them are just files that were downloaded from PG and run through a program to make them kindle files rather than just mobipocket files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Histerius View Post
I don't like that at all. I believe that one should do the job to the best of his abilities no matter what's the final price. Although we can't talk much about free books, because we should be happy that some stuff is free, still some standards should be followed. Crich you said that's mainly PD books problem, but I believe that in that case thy should have TOC too. At the end of the day that's the picture of the person who made the book and if there's no TOC, well, my trust is shaken a little bit.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote