View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #11
Lazer
Groupie
Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I just published a book on Amazon and I can tell you from experience what the problem is: It's in the formatting done by the author or publisher. Amazon's Mobi format is proprietary and it's a challenge to get your book to produce what is called an inline TOC and get it to work in mobi. It's a breeze in an epub wich is the common format for most other ebooks.

It's also my belief that formatting software for mobi books will evolve in the next few months where the TOC challenge is a thing of the past. Calibre will make the TOC but Amazon doesn't accept a Calibre formatted book if it is going to add DRM (or at least that's what I understand).

One could argue that it's Amazon's job to police the uploaded books. I'm quite sure the number of books uploaded on a daily basis would prohibit that effort.

L

[edit by moderation - self promotion does not belong in this forum]

Last edited by dreams; 05-11-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Lazer is offline   Reply With Quote