View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 10:47 PM   #125
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario1up View Post
I have a bug report and a couple feature requests. The bug is simply that the status bar does not show in landscape mode. The commands work, of course, but there's no status bar.

As for features, I'd really like it if launchpad would send the key presses to the program straight after they've been pressed, and THEN showing it in the status bar. Currently, it shows the success message and then sends the key presses. With programs like MPlayer, this results in a delay between, say, pressing the pause key combo and it actually pausing, usually around 1-1.5 seconds.

Perhaps it'd be nice to be able to turn off the status bar altogether?

Also, being able to add messages to display in the status bar when key combos are pressed would be awesome. Like MPlayer, pressing Shift M N goes to the next song. It's be nice if the status bar said, "Success! - Next Song" or something like that.
Before the statusbar was added in a later version of Launchpad, the commands would execute a lot faster. IMO, the command should be executed as soon as the first statusbar message is shown, not when the success message is shown.

I have also suggested to make a binary to change the statusbar message:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
I think that the status bar is a great idea that could be utilized across other projects too. For example, if you made it a stand alone file that could be passed arguments, many people would be able to use that for feedback. If somebody created a script to obtain the battery life in a percentage, "status Current Battery Life: $batlife" would display the actual battery life in a percentage at the bottom of the screen. This could be useful for those people wanting percentages, but also for people who want to check the progress of their Kindle charging.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote