View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Well, that makes sense. My options are:
  • None
  • WEP
  • WPA-PSK [TKIP]
  • WPA2-PSK [AES]
  • WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]
The last two options wouldn't work for me. So I'm currently at option three.
My router's default setting WPA and WPA2, AES and TKIP, and the documentation states that devices will automatically negotiate with what they support. I'm somewhat ashamed to say that I don't know exactly how this negotiation operates, but glad to report that the Nook Color connected without a hint of a problem.

In short, your last option above, tubemonkey, should have worked, and I'm not sure where the fault lies.

In general, AES WiFi support is implemented in hardware (which, as you might expect, means it generally performs better than TKIP), but I don't know if the Nook Color has support for it. (I attempted to look up the WiFi chipset through the MAC address only to learn that the MAC range is registered to "BARNES&NOBLE.COM" ... not very helpful. )
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote