View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #29
Vitel
Enthusiast
Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 3 (broken), Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Fire, Kindle 4 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by George's Kindle View Post
Hi Vitel,

great job. The game is great.

What is actually the easiest setting/engine for me as a chess beginner?

Again - thanks for the app.
Thanks for the feedback, I am glad you liked the app. I guess the easiest setting would be "Crafty" in "Weak" mode, but you can make the engine even dumber by editing the "engine.ini" file in the "engines/crafty" directory. There is a command called "sd 5" there. This is the search depth (how far the engine searches from the current position, in halfmoves). Try to change that to "sd 4" or even "sd 3". After getting some experience at that setting, you can change it back to "sd 5".

Last edited by Vitel; 10-21-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Vitel is offline   Reply With Quote