View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 02:53 PM   #8
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poremskyi View Post
I downgraded the device to earlier firmware (v.5.17.1736) from the official support page, and it turned out that the PDF in question works fine. As soon as I upgraded the reader, the problem returned. I've had a look at all the Adobe and font folders in the two versions, but was unable to spot any difference – the files are of the same size and date in Total Commander.
This is thorough enough testing.

But when you long-press the file, do you have just one app option to open the file with or do you have two? If there are font options, maybe turn hinting off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poremskyi View Post
(I've recently discovered it has yet another problem: it cannot properly display pages with two and three columns; this, however, is endemic to Pocketbooks – I've tried an earlier model of Pocketbook Basic with the same result...)
What is the problem with displaying columns in the default app?
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote