View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 01:16 PM   #39
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by snape View Post
Is the book then simply backed up on the device, or is it possible to move the book to a computer and strip the DRM from that transferred file (rather than using the K4PC downloaded version)? I don't mind getting a K4 as a backup but I want to be sure I understand what purpose it serves.

Thanks.
It is a copy of the book. HOWEVER, I have seen that the older devices download the older version of the book -- so old techniques would work on it. But I have not done this myself. Probably see the alf thread.

I know the last upload I did (for Eclair...so that would be Oct-ish timeframe) I was highly encouraged by Amazon do support the new format. I chose to stick with tried-and-true mobi. There are a lot of reasons I loathe changing to new formats and DRM is probably the least of it. When I can, I choose "no drm" for my books, but that sort of thing isn't very clear with each vendor. When they introduce a new format, it's up to me to go figure out if there are any real benefits to me or the reader.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote