View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #817
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
For people who are still on ADE 1.7 in WINE under Linux: it seems that it has been possible for some time to get ADE 2.0.1 running now.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=27978

This will allow you to use a newer version of ADE, should Adobe cancel support for 1.7, while still not running 3.0 or 4.0 (which I will never, ever do until the DRM scheme is cracked).
Not necessarily. When I first installed it, it ran just fine. The second time, it crashed immediately and refused ever since to run. Tried reinstalling WINE, reinstalling ADE2.0.1 to a new wineprefix, etc. Nothing.

It may work and it may not, which is better than a previous state where it definitely didn't. But it and the prerequisites (I am looking at you, .NET) are not fully or reliably functional.

ADE1.7 installs and runs seamlessly for now, and hopefully will continue to do so until .NET3.5 SP1 works well.
Code:
winetricks adobe_diged
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote