View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 04:21 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
For whatever reason, Calibre doesn't let me open multiple files at the same time. I have to click to open each file.
Works for me on multiple books, note I always use View specific format and select the format I want (i.e. DOCX, or EPUB or AZW3 etc), so I can't say it works with the normal View whatever format calibre thinks I want

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Unfortunately, Calibre also has the newly-opened filed open to the front. So I have to click on one file, click back into Calibre, click on the next file, click back into Calibre, click on the next file...

If there's some way to keep newly-opened files in the background, should I look for a Calibre setting (haven't found one) or a reading app setting (haven't found on in Clearview)?
That the last selected book comes up on top is a probably an operating system feature.

Maybe you could pre-arrange the books in calibre so that they're ordered in the reverse order you want to read them -- so the last book in the selection list is one you want to read first.

BR

Windows 10 Pro 1703, Calibre 3.15
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote