View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 09:15 AM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jriihi
Well in that highres pic display looks light grey? So why someone commented about dark grey background??
At a guess: either it honestly looked 'dark gray' to him, or he was annoyed about it and exagerated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriihi
Found another potential problem with sony ereader. Seems its fairly big job to store/rename 200+ books since reader doesnt support directories?

I dont really like it if I cant store whole collection to it.
Well, any re-naming would have to take place on the computer side, as the Reader doesn't do any editing at all. And you're correct, the file structure is flat (no sub directories). If you're using the ConnSoft that comes with it, you can create 'Collections' on the device to group books and set their orders, but the main listing of books will still be flat.

If that's a deal breaker for you, then you shouldn't get one, however, most folks have found that they don't really want to carry their entire collection on the device, just what they're reading now, and the next several titles they want to read (it's what I do, myself) -- I mean, how many books do you read at a given time? There are a couple of folks around here who report reading as many as half a dozen or so books at once, which are easily enough dealt with in a flat file system.

It sounds to me like you're doing good deep research, that's good because it means you're more likely to be satisfied with what you end up with (because you'll know what it does & doesn't do beforehand). That's the important bit, that you get what works best for you.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote