View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 09:50 AM   #4
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
What about non-DRM content

For those of us who purchase exclusively content with NO DRM(!)... How will the Sony Reader support files with no DRM? For example, I purchase lots of e-books from Baen Books -- lots of formats, good prices, NEVER any DRM! How will I be able to use such content on the Sony Reader?

Secondly, will I be able to put non-DRM content on a flash memory card of some sort, and then use it on the Sony Reader?

I'd also like to second the question about Mac OS X support. Note that answers like "Windows only" or "just use BootCamp to run Windows on your Mac Hardware" would guarantee that I will never purchase your product, or any content for it.

Lastly, will Sony's online store support non-DRM content if that's what the publisher wants? There are certainly some publishers who take that position (Baen, O'Reilly, and the National Academies Press, among others). Will I be able to purchase such content through Sony?
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote