View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #203
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
That means that it can't find the file "update-rooted.zip" in the current directory. I've looked through the instructions hoping that I made the same sort of mistake that I made before and if I did, I don't see it. You're close to being done, though, and recreating the zip file is probably the easiest way to make sure that it works.

First, based on your comments, it looks like your home directory is "/home/office". If you enter the "pwd" command, the response should be "/home/office". If that's the case, check to make sure that the update directory is there. Enter the command "ls -ald update". You should see something that looks very similar to this:
Code:
drwxr-xr-x 5 bowz users 4096 Mar 19 15:51 update
If you see this, there's a problem.
Code:
ls: cannot access update: No such file or directory
If that was OK, then do this step again:
Code:
cd update
zip -r9 ../update-rooted.zip .
cd ..
You should see output indicating that zip created the update-rooted.zip file and added a bunch of files to it. You should also be able to see the file in your current directory. If you type "ls -al update-rooted.zip", you should see something very similar to the following output.
Code:
-rw-r--r--   1 bowz users 171558652 Jan 19 18:21 update-rooted.zip
If you see this instead, there's a problem:
Code:
ls: cannot access update-rooted.zip: No such file or directory
If the file is there, you should be able to restart with "rooting your new card". If anything goes wrong, copy the output from the commands in this post (particularly the "zip" command) and I'll see if I can figure it out.

You're almost there!
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote