View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #34
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Because of orlock's comment, I went and found something that has more going for it then just romance that I hope will appeal to those of us who are not all that keen on romance.
And it looks more interesting to me, at least. I was disappointed in last year's choice, Tender is the Night, which I gave up half way through as I just didn't care about anyone in it (I think it was this club's choice?).

So well done on looking for something different, though I suspect it is a back-door way of getting something Sci-Fi selected .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is this a family friendly book club? If it is, Lolita should not be allowed. It's a book about pedophilia. That should make it ineligible. It's not really a romance as it is a book about perversions.
Please let's not go there again. You've had your say on the subject, and we all know how you feel about it. If it gets nominated, and you don't like it, don't vote for it.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote