View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 01:33 AM   #15128
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Ross Thomas & C. J. Cherryh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Somehow, when I wasn't looking, they suddenly released eBook versions of all the Ross Thomas books. So, I'm going to start from the very beginning with The Cold War Swap. I expect this to have stood the test of time, since it was always about the characters and the situations they put themselves in. And always extremely well written.
Half-way through The Cold War Swap, and loving it. Meanwhile, I read (via Audible), CJ Cherryh's The Invader, book #2 of the Foreigner series. This is a strange series in some ways. Long passages that don't really have much happening, but the main character, Bren Cameron, doing a stream of consciousness angst. Which usually I would avoid like the plague. But here, it works for me. The world Ms. Cherryh has created is compelling, different, and interesting, and the characters are consistent. I'm going to read right through this series, though I wish #2-6 were available as eBooks not just Audible books. (And yes, at some point, I had them all as pBooks, but they're long gone. )
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote