View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 05:26 AM   #127
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
[QUOTE=new;2351278]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post

I can't decide which I like the best, I love them all. I have not been using the KFHD right now as much because the 30 days are up. The PW and SGP5 are still in the 30 day window so I am making sure they don't break. I read on the PW during the day too and it looks better in the daylight, so I am not really hooked on night reading as much on it as the SGP5 or the KFHD. But the PW is still better than a booklight.
Oops, I think you asked about the SGP5 using Google Talk. I ended up downloading the App Talkatone from Google Play Store and it works great. So you can use the SGP5 as a phone using your home wireless. You can get your messages there too. It works better than on the Ipod Touch. Something is weird with Ipod Touch Talkatone, it doesn't show contacts list. But it works.
Thanks for the information!
Sounds like the PW would be redundant with the SGP5 for low-light reading. I enjoy using the DXG most every day for a couple of hours, even with a reading lamp at night. I have the K3 for weekends in the country. I've lent the jetBook to a friend who isn't in a position to purchase an ereader right now.

I also listen to audio books daily, while I walk, for a couple of hours(creative zen which I like, but is getting old). Don't think that I could keep track of a third book simultaneously. Not working leaves me time to play

I am very much inclined to buy the KFHD as a home movie player/media and reader for magazines, comics etc (even though not working causes me to be very careful of how money is spent!)

The 5" SGP just seems too small for a comfortable home media device (except reading novels), and my husbands 11.6" is heavier and I have to negotiate availability with him!

Although we have lots of netbooks and kindles hanging around the house, the KFHD tablet seems quite special with the great screen/speaker quality. Maybe the 8.9" will go on sale again?

I have a couple more weeks to think on this. I'll look into Google Voice/Talkatone as well. Thanks again for your comments!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote