View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #8
A Lurker
Connoisseur
A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
A Lurker
You are confusing 'Tab' (character #0009) with line indent.

Many word processors USE a Tab to accomplish a Line Indent.
Some conversions use a series of nbsp's to fake/force a indent.

The normal way is to set the style property: text-indent: <value>, with 0 being no indent
Thank you. I may indeed have used the wrong terminology to describe the problem. If that caused any confusion, I apologize. However, the problem is very real.

DoctorOhh also suggested setting the indent value to 0, but that removes ALL indents in the text, so that no paragraphs are indented. Again, I don't want to remove ALL indents -- I want to keep the indents that appear in the original text and get rid of the indents that Calibre is forcing.
A Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote