View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I love romance books that delve more into the story and relationship. Aside from the initial "oh he is good looking/hot" and well choreographed sex scenes - I love scenarios around their joint or separate lives and how they deal with it, decisions etc. I like to feel I've gotten to know a character's, well, character and enjoyed the journey of the story along with them....

In spite of being a prude in my real life, I find I can tolerate a fair amount of sex scenes in a story's context. But once in a while it is refreshing to read in a book, like my husband did yesterday as he showed me his reader on the bus, "And they made love in the fields", and that was the extent of the "sex scene".
I totally agree with you. Sometimes I need a break from all the lusting and jumping each others bones thoughts. I think this is why I like romantic suspense best out of contemporary romance. If the hero and heroine are too busy running for their lives they have less time for it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote