View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #74
mickeymammoth
mickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketime View Post
And you didn't know this about the Nook before you bought it? There have only been a few hundred posts about these features on this very board.
It was the bad contrast I didn't like. BUT, it didn't help that there were these other annoyances. I didn't do a ton of research on the Nook before I bought it; I assumed it had similar overall features to the other major brand readers I've used. And it does, with the caveats I noted. Although there may have been threads about these drawbacks, it's not like they're front and center. And knowing I could easily return it if I didn't like it meant I could explore the Nook in person, which is always best.

Plus, why are you assuming I'm a Kindle troll? Just because I'm complaining about things other Nook owners also complain about? Since there are probably a bunch of Kindle and non-Nook owners interested in the Nook glow, I thought this assessment would be useful for those people.

Ultimately, I'm glad there's ereader competition. That said, the whole industry is going much slower than I would have liked. I've been in this game since 2006, and it's just been incremental upgrades.
mickeymammoth is offline   Reply With Quote