Thread: GPL violation?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #187
terrangirl
terrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Cybook Orizon
although this is not actually about the gen3... still it is about gpl violation from Bookeen.
I have a Cybook orizon, and in the devise there is stored a GPL, but no source code on Bookeen's site for Orizon!!!

so as a first step I posted the following on Bookeen's page on Facebook
Quote:
Hi I have recently purchased a Cybook Orizon. One of the main reasons I chose a Bookeen product is that it is based on Linux and it's software falls under GPL. Since in my Orizon, there is a GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (Version 2, dated June 1991) stating that I can download the source code from http://www.bookeen.com/support, I was wondering why the source code specific to Orizon is not available, while it is for opus and gen3?
terrangirl is offline   Reply With Quote