Thread: Kindle
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #11
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9641roger View Post
Thanks for all your help;I don't have wi fi connection at home;but don't want to go "out and about" with it.Just read the free books and download ones from the kindle store.From what I can gather,the 3 will be adequate for my needs.I am sorry about the "thread title" I am new to this-put it down to old timers disease!!! But I am computer literate-I can also lift heavy boxes and answer the telephone!!!
Without the 3G model and without wireless (and without going out and about to somewhere with free wireless) you'll need to download the books to your computer first, and then use the cable that comes with your kindle to transfer them to your kindle. That's probably obvious, but I couldn't from your post if you knew that.

By either adding wifi at home or getting the 3G model, you'll be able to add books to your kindle without actually connecting directly to your computer. It is not a big deal at all transfering the books from your computer to your kindle, it's just a convenience.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote