View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Open the .opf in Notepad++ and use a regular expression to replace the erroneous lines with a blank.

I'm guessing that you have 2 images in each chapter, and they're all linked to the same sources on disk. If you want to avoid having to clean up the opf and can accept a bit of bloat in your epub, then a solution might be to create copies of the images with distinct names for each chapter and link to those in your source documents.

I never used CS3 to create epubs, but I do know a lot of people complained about how buggy its epub export filter was. Unfortunately, even CS5 fails to address this issue properly and creates a copy of each repeated image rather than simply linking to a single version.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote