View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 04:20 AM   #71
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Why should I even bother to download those and maintain them in my own eBook database, when they're all instantly available from those vendors/distributors whenever I want to read them in the future?
What about all those temporary freebies? And nobody can convince me that some book will stay free in next 5-10 years. Maybe author/publisher changes policy? Only certain thing is my own PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
I'd also like to determine a slightly more comfortable infrastructure for my library or libraries. Rethink custom fields and templates. Rethink that habit of using two libraries, one for cleanups and one for main library.
I gleaned lot of practices from other members, actually am thinking about starting a new library for cleanups (like you). So I can enter the info from downloads page (whatever it has and I want) and source. When reading/cleaning/converting and moving to main library, I then don't have to check if there was some info I want (like page count or better summary for example).

Idea for 'source' I lifted from someone's screenshot...