View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 09:08 PM   #1895
snowstone
Connoisseur
snowstone doesn't littersnowstone doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The disappearing plugins seems to be happening more frequently than in past. I suspect that moving calibre from python2 to python3 is causing some behind the scene glitches as well as the ones that are more noticeable.

If you are still seeing the issue with the latest update, I'd suggest uninstalling the driver, deleting the configuration files and then re-installing the driver. Easiest way to get to the configuration files is to open calibre's preferences, browse down to miscellaneous and then click on the Open calibre configuration directory button. Look for two files named device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py and device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py.json and delete them. If only the .py.json file is there, delete that one. You will need to re-configure any driver customization after the re-installation.

Good luck!
Is there any way to backup the customization? The last time I did it was when I first installed the plugin, I think in 2013. I don't remember all the steps I took, but I remember it took some time to get everything just right.
snowstone is offline   Reply With Quote