View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 05:53 PM   #55
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
I’ve been thinking about comments that Florence didn’t learn anything from the experience. I don’t think I agree. The book ends with her leaving town, presumably to try to pick up the pieces elsewhere. She’s probably still in shock, is hurt, and is worried about finding a way to support herself.

It’s true that Fitzgerald didn’t show us what she might have learned. However, why assume she won’t reflect on what happened and learn from it? People are resilient and recover from disaster every day. Florence has already shown she’s plucky, and she’s young enough to have plenty of life left ahead of her....I think I’d be more inclined to say Fitzgerald leaves the book unresolved.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote