View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #24
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
OK, using @porkupan’s PRST1_update_tools.zip and PRST2_update_tools.zip I have successfully extracted /etc/security/cacerts.bks out of the firmware for each of PRS-T1 and PRS-T2. I’m not aware of a way of getting the cacerts.bks file out of PRS-T3 firmware? But I guess it will be the same as the PRS-T2 file?

As expected, using KeyStore Explorer app, I can see that the PRS-T2 has one extra certificate! So I guess this must be the required cert to make OverDrive downloads work.

So, next is to try to load on the cert file without having to root my T1. Rooting will definitely allow it, but I’d rather try other ways first.
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote