Thread: Seriousness The Covid Vaccination Poll
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 01:27 PM   #3
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone XR, iPad mini 5, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Iím definitely qualified for, and want to get the vaccination. But my state is still living in the ďcavemanĒ era and shanking the whole process. In my county, you have to register with the county, wait several weeks until they notify you by text or email, if they ever notify you, and be sure to make the appointment time and location. You are generally given about a 1 or 2 day notice of where and when your appointment will be. If you have mobility issues you are mostly SOL. They donít care whether, nor do they ask if, you will be able to stand in a long line for hours. I canít stand more than a few minutes nor can I walk very far. They say in the application to come inside to the head of the line when you show up if you have these kind of issues, then they will attempt to accommodate you. Nothing like cutting in front of a few hundred (or more) angry people, many of whom or legally armed, to get inside. I currently have no idea if Iíll ever get vaccinated, or when, or whether I will be physically unable to get from the parking lot into the facility because I donít know which facility they will send me to.

The entire registration process is convoluted, and mostly nonsensical. Fortunately Iím retired from the computer software industry and well versed in modern technology, but my babyboomer generation will mostly just be confused and frustrated by the process.

My primary care physician was approved to get the vaccines and administer them, but he told me he has no clue if they will ever arrive. My best case scenario is that he gets enough vaccines in and calls me to come get one.

I donít understand why they are using mega-sites in only a few locations. It seems to me that it would be way more efficient to open small sites in nearly every neighborhood. That is take the vaccines to us. Do several neighborhoods then move to other ones and verify our address is in that neighborhood. We currently have people coming into our county from multiple nearby counties trying to get vaccinated. I feel for them, but since they were not invited and donít have appointments they are slowing down the process. There are many desperate people applying for appointments in multiple counties too, and that shouldnít be allowed as it clogs up the system and isnít fair to the rest of us.

Needless to say it is a mess. Hopefully they will start shipping more vaccines across the country soon. I think things will also improve once CVS, Walgreens, and other local pharmacies start administering the vaccines. So far that hasn't happened in my location yet.